Memory Verse for the Week: Mark 15:37-38 (ESV)
And Jesus uttered a loud cry and breathed his last. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom.
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline | Spotify Playlist | Song Lyrics | Live Stream | Sermon Audio
THE DEATH OF JESUS
THE VEIL IS TORN
THE LIFE OF INTIMACY
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD that in His great wisdom and plan, that He has brought intimacy between you and God through a death. Praise Him that His death is what brings you eternal life.
2. Confess to the Lord how you functionally live with a low view of His death. Your sin was so grievous that God had to become a human and bear the wrath of God in your place. Confess how you have made your sin light. What are ways you sin against the cross by beating yourself up for your sin? Living in shame and guilt, not remembering and boasting that God has no more anger for you because of Christ.
3. Give praise and thanksgiving to Jesus for joyfully being obedient to His work of going to the cross and dying in your place. Rejoice in the reality that He voluntarily became your substitute on the cross so that you could have the delight of the LORD for eternity.
4. Who do you know that you currently long to have intimacy with God and with others? Pray for those in your life who do not behold the death of Jesus as good news and who do not seek to serve and love others so that they can live in intimacy with friends and family.
5. Pray to the Spirit that He would reveal the ways you don’t joyfully die to yourself so that you could live in intimacy with others. Beg the Spirit to bring to your mind often the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus so that it can fuel you to love and build up those in your life.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.