The Owner & His House
January 29, 2023 Speaker: Tim Rice Series: The Gospel of Mark
Passage: Mark 11:1-25
Memory Verse for the Week: Mark 11:22 (ESV)
And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God.”
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline | Spotify Playlist | Song Lyrics | Live Stream | Sermon Audio
Intro: What did the Temple represent to 1st Century Israel?
DESIGNED FOR INTEGRITY
In His good design, what is God’s primary concern for us?
A THOROUGH INSPECTION
How is Jesus like both a lamb and a lion?
AN UNEXPECTED PROMISE
What is a critical distinction between meekness and weakness?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD for His holiness and goodness. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, for how He utterly embodies everything He requires of us and empowers us for faithfulness by His Grace.
2. How have you lived with unaddressed corruption or a superficial pursuit of image? Confess your lack of integrity to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and heal you so that you would live out His goodness with joy.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work to remove the mountain of our sin and corruption and to give us His true goodness. Thank Him for dying to pay for your guilt and being raised to heal you back to His good design.
4. Who do you know that struggles with image over substance? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them to see the vanity of their current ways, and to repent to trust Jesus for true character and integrity.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love and goodness. Pray for His ongoing power to work out of you all the ways that you lack integrity and to build into you true faith and love.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in The Gospel of Mark
March 26, 2023Jesus’ Arrest & Trial
March 19, 2023Gethsemane
March 12, 2023The Lord's Supper