Allegiance & Rejection
Passage: Mark 6:1-30
Memory Verse for the Week: Mark 6:6b-7, 30 (ESV)
... And he went about among the villages teaching. And he called the twelve and began to send them out two by two, and gave them authority over the unclean spirits. … The apostles returned to Jesus and told him all that they had done and taught.
The Scandal in Rejection … begs the question:
Who do you think you are?”
The Purpose in Rejection … begs the question:
“What do they think this is?”
The Hope in Rejection … answers the question:
“How can I preserve to the end?”
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship King Jesus for accomplishing His mission at great cost to Himself in being willing to become scandalized for sinners like us who have rejected Him. Praise Him that our rejection of Him is not the final story, rather our resurrection is by His great mercy and grace.
2. How have you let familiarity with Christ keep you from truly trusting Him functionally in your life and vocation in the Kingdom? Where are you struggling to demonstrate faith and follow Jesus over allegiance to your own “kingdom”?
3. Give thanks to God the Father for sending the Son, Who then sent the Spirit, and by Whom sends the Church into the world to offer healing and hope to the lost.
4. Do you have a relationship with someone close to you in which there is great tension over the claims of Jesus? How are you seeking to pray for God to move them beyond fear and doubt, or even cynicism, to move them toward Himself in faith? What are their specific barriers to knowing Jesus and God’s grace? Pray for those barriers to be removed so they can know the transforming power of His love.
5. How is Jesus calling you to go on public record with Him? In what social sphere of influence is it most difficult for you share your allegiance to Christ? Ask God to help you entrust yourself to His care for you as you bear witness to Who He is and what He’s done in your life.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.