Jesus' Power Over Circumstance
September 11, 2022 Speaker: Tim Rice Series: The Gospel of Mark
Passage: Mark 4:35-41
Memory Verse for the Week: Mark 4:38-40 (ESV)
But he was in the stern, asleep on the cushion. And they woke him and said to him, “Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?” And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. He said to them, “Why are you so afraid? Have you still no faith?”
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline | Spotify Playlist | Song Lyrics | Live Stream | Sermon Audio
Intro: What is your worst travel nightmare?
WHAT AN ITINERARY
What is significant about Jesus initiating this trip?
A NEGATIVE REVIEW
Why does it matter that Jesus confronts our unbelief?
AND AMAZING COMPENSATION
How does Jesus’ response help us to see His saving Grace?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD, God Almighty, for His sovereign power matched with His perfect everlasting love. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He is both great and good!
2. How have you lived as if God is cruel and that He does not care for you? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you for doubting Him and slandering His good character by your complaints.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for the wonder of Him bearing the accusations that we deserve and for working all of His power against sin, Satan, death and hell, so that we could be eternally redeemed and brought to perfect peace.
4. Who do you know that struggles with trusting God in hardships? Pray for them, asking the Lord to show them mercy and to give them eyes to see and ears to hear His trustworthiness and love even through suffering.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love, joy and patience, especially in trying circumstances. Pray for such assurance of Jesus’ finished work to save you, and seal you by His Spirit, so that you can rejoice even in difficulties.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in The Gospel of Mark
April 9, 2023Jesus’ Resurrection
April 2, 2023The Death of Jesus
March 26, 2023Jesus’ Arrest & Trial