On The Edge of Dawn
November 7, 2021 Speaker: Tim Rice Series: Isaiah
Passage: Isaiah 60:1-3, Isaiah 60:18-22
Memory Verse for the Week: Isaiah 60:1-3 (ESV)
Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD has risen upon you. For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the LORD will arise upon you, and his glory will be seen upon you. And nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline | Spotify Playlist | Song Lyrics | Live Stream | Sermon Audio
Intro: When have you felt the deepest sense of purpose?
THE GOODNESS OF LIGHT
What is significant about God’s call for His people to arise and shine?
THE TRAGEDY OF DARKNESS
What do we know about darkness and its power?
THE EXPLOSION OF GRACE
Why is it remarkable that we would be called the light of the world?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD that HE is Light and that in Him is no darkness. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, for how He is glorious, and that He has caused His glory to shine even upon sinners like us.
2. How have you lived claiming for yourself what is only God’s? Confess your selfish pride to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to heal you to freely share with others what He has freely given to you.
3. Give thanks to Jesus that no one and not one thing can outshine Jesus. Thank Him for quenching darkness with His relentless light, dying to atone for guilt and being raised to seal our victory.
4. Who do you know that struggles with a greater sense of purpose – one in keeping with God’s heart and character? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them see His worth and love, and to move them to engage in His Kingdom.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love and goodness. Pray for a greater sense of His glory (worth) shining upon you, and that you would be motivated to share His love meaningfully with others.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in Isaiah
December 19, 2021The End of Oppression
December 12, 2021A Life Out of Death Kingdom
December 5, 2021Unto Us A Child Is Born