Memory Verse for the Week: Isaiah 9:2a, 6-7 (ESV)
The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; ... For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this.
Intro: How confident are you right now about the future?
WE WALK IN DARKNESS
Why are we unworthy to rule the world?
A GREAT LIGHT SHINING
Why is He alone worthy to rule the world?
So, what happens when we trust Him to rule the world?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His all-powerful rule, especially that He IS Light, and that He shines in the darkness. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His mercy to not crush us, but rather save us.
2. How can you see the effects of darkness in your life from seeking to rule your own life rather than trusting God’s sovereign rule? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and heal you.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work to humble Himself in true weakness to atone for our rebellion. Thank Him for being born, and given to even us, to remove our guilt (by His death) and heal our brokenness (by His resurrection).
4. Who do you know that does not understand humility? Pray for them, asking the Lord to give them insight into Jesus’ coming as the Most High becoming the most low, taking on human form.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in your life His fruit of joy and generosity, especially toward those in your life who are broken. Pray that He would help you move toward them as He has moved toward you.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.