The God Who Shatters
Passage: Isaiah 6:1-13
Memory Verse for the Week: Isaiah 6:7-8 (ESV)
And he touched my mouth and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for.” And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”
Intro: When have you been the most terrified?
GOD REVEALS HIS HOLINESS
What does it mean that God is holy?
GUILT & ATONEMENT
Why do we believe that God’s graciousness is an aspect of His holiness?
A REDEEMED MESSENGER
What does it mean to be commissioned to represent Him?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His holiness – for His surpassing worth – that there is no other Creator, Owner, Judge or Savior. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He is truly unparalleled by anyone or anything.
2. How have you lived as if God is replaceable – by you, your possessions, your loved ones, or almost anything? Confess your arrogance to Jesus asking Him to forgive you for so insulting Him and to heal your foolishness.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work to atone for your guilt. Thank Him for atoning for all your sin so that by His work, He can heal and bring back together everything in you and in His world that you’ve torn apart.
4. Who do you know that fears God, but they do not trust that with the Lord there is forgiveness? Ask Jesus to “send fire from His altar” to them – that He would assure them that He can blot out their sin.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you security in His worth and courage to be His ambassador even if people around you don’t respond. Pray for words and hope because He is able to give new life to those who are spiritually dead.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.