Passage: Ephesians 4:7, Ephesians 4:11-16
Memory Verse for the Week: Ephesians 4:7 & 12-13 (ESV)
But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ's gift. … to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.
Intro: At a Buc’s game, what if they handed you pads and a helmet?
WE WORK FOR OURSELVES
What is our nature when it comes to work?
HIS WORK ON OUR BEHALF
What’s behind the proverb, “Do what you love and you’ll never work another day”?
OUR WORK ON HIS BEHALF
Therefore, how do we work?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Praise God that He has worked to restore you unto Himself and called you into His ultimate purposes for His world. Worship Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for not only saving you but giving you purpose.
2. How have you lived in a short-sighted or aimless way? Confess your pride and independence to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you, secure you and to move you in your heart to live for Him.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for how He has worked in the Gospel at the highest cost to Himself for our benefit! Thank Him for all He did on your behalf, giving His all to advantage you by His death and resurrection.
4. Who do you know that struggles with any sense of work? Pray for them that they would come to know their calling, especially in how God gives us personal meaning in His ultimate aims.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you discern your particular work in God’s kingdom, especially in how the Father has made you. Pray for insight – that by His Word, other believers, and His Spirit would guide you.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.