Memory Verse for the Week: Ephesians 2:19 & 22 (ESV)
So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, … In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.
Intro: How does the Gospel affect all of our relationships?
RECONCILIATION PRESUMES A BREAK
Breaking God’s design, how do we live in selfishness and isolation?
What sin ripped apart, Jesus literally has re-paired.
REAL, UNBROKEN RELATIONSHIP
How does a relationship with God change how we relate to one another?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His heart to be related to us as His people! Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He IS an eternal relationship, and that He designed us to live in His likeness – related and in love.
2. How have you lived as if others are not necessary and being on your own is better? Confess your pride and ignorance to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and that He would repair you from your broken ways.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work to bring back together what we have ripped apart in our sin. Thank Him for reconciling you to God, and to others; for taking out of you your guilt and putting His love in by His Spirit.
4. Who do you know that is selfish and isolated? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them to see their perilous condition, and that they would discover the miracle and beauty of Jesus’ love.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love. Pray that He would help you to live in light of what He has given you – membership in His own family – and that you would reflect that hope and grace to others.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.