Parable of the Good Samaritan
Passage: Luke 10:25-37
Memory Verse for the Week: Luke 10:36-37 (ESV)
Which of these three, do you think, proved to be a neighbor to the man who fell among the robbers?" He said, "The one who showed him mercy." And Jesus said to him, "You go, and do likewise."
Intro: Jesus tells 2 stories as 1 story …
WHAT IS THE CALL OF LOVE?
There is a design and scope for love grander than any of us want to acknowledge.
HOW IS THAT A PROBLEM?
We can ignore and minimize what is reasonably expected.
THE BASIS FOR HOPE
Why do we believe there is a heavenly love and a greater hope?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His surpassing miraculous love for sinners like us! Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His holy (incomparable) love and compassion for us.
2. How have you lived dodging or denying the real costs of godly love? Confess your stubborn pride to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to change your heart.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for how He has NOT passed us by. Thank Him that He had compassion on us; that He absorbed immeasurable costs, and disadvantaged Himself in order to advantage us and bind up our wounds.
4. Who do you know that balks at the cost of true, godly love? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them see how they are like the wounded man in the road and that Jesus is the True Good Samaritan to care for them.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to awaken you to how you’ve been beaten up and helpless, and that Jesus met you there. And pray that He would enliven your heart to see all the people around who that are just as needy.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.