Parable of the Older Brother
Passage: Luke 15:11-32
Memory Verse for the Week: Luke 15:28-30 (ESV)
But he was angry and refused to go in. His father came out and entreated him, but he answered his father, ‘Look, these many years I have served you, and I never disobeyed your command, yet you never gave me a young goat, that I might celebrate with my friends. But when this son of yours came, who has devoured your property with prostitutes, you killed the fattened calf for him!’
THE SIGNS OF SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS
THE REASONS FOR SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS
THE REMEDY TO SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship God for being perfect in justice and holiness.
2. How have you been angry, proud, or bitter? Confess your self-righteousness to Jesus, and ask Him to show you all He’s done to save you.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for treating us like His beloved brothers (Hebrews 2:10-11)!
4. Who do you know that has been discouraged by self-righteous attitudes in the church? Ask God to open up their eyes to see the good news of Jesus.
5. Pray that God would make Trinity Presbyterian Church a place where sinners like us can come back home.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.