Parable of the Older Brother
November 17, 2019 Speaker: Brandon Porter Series: Parables of the Kingdom
Passage: Luke 15:11-32
Memory Verse for the Week: Luke 15:28-30 (ESV)
But he was angry and refused to go in. His father came out and entreated him, but he answered his father, ‘Look, these many years I have served you, and I never disobeyed your command, yet you never gave me a young goat, that I might celebrate with my friends. But when this son of yours came, who has devoured your property with prostitutes, you killed the fattened calf for him!’
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline
THE SIGNS OF SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS
THE REASONS FOR SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS
THE REMEDY TO SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship God for being perfect in justice and holiness.
2. How have you been angry, proud, or bitter? Confess your self-righteousness to Jesus, and ask Him to show you all He’s done to save you.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for treating us like His beloved brothers (Hebrews 2:10-11)!
4. Who do you know that has been discouraged by self-righteous attitudes in the church? Ask God to open up their eyes to see the good news of Jesus.
5. Pray that God would make Trinity Presbyterian Church a place where sinners like us can come back home.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in Parables of the Kingdom
November 24, 2019Parable of the Father Who Goes Out
November 10, 2019Parable of Lost Things
November 3, 2019Parable of the Good Samaritan