Stewardship #3: Grace Abounding
Passage: 2 Corinthians 9:6–11
Intro: Who do you know that is most excited about giving?
GOD IS ABLE
How does the image of sowing and reaping tie together what few people connect?
DO YOU TRUST HIM?
Why do we dread facing someone in need, or resist joining in opportunities that invite us to give? And how can that reflect unbelief?
What is the connection between being saved by Jesus and joy?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship the LORD that “He is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.” Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that He claims us as His own children, and provides for us so abundantly.
- How have you lived doubting God’s ownership of you, His promises or His track record of care? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and free you from the trap of self-interest.
- Give thanks to Jesus for loving you and working to save you, as no one else can. Thank Him for His work to take away all that is wrong with you by His death, and investing in you by the gift of His indwelling Spirit.
- Who do you know that is joyless and selfish? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them in their heart to know that they “could be enriched in every way to be generous in every way.”
- Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of love and joy. Pray that the Holy Spirit would help you grow and excel in the grace of giving, by His transforming love.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.