Passage: Proverbs 13:1, Proverbs 13:20-22, Proverbs 13:24, Proverbs 18:22, Proverbs 19:13, Proverbs 23:15-16, Proverbs 23:22-25
Memory Verse for the Week: Proverbs 13:1 (ESV)
A wise son hears his father’s instruction, but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke.
Intro: What is the opposite of despise, 23:22? It’s to honor
WILLFULNESS & DYSFUNCTION
Rather than loving those below us or above us, how have we exalted ourselves?
A FATHER & SON’S WORK
How is God’s work of redemption the perfect union of a Father and Son?
STEWARDSHIP & HONOR
What is significant about God’s design for us to be multi-generational?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD for His good design of family, and the miracle of His Grace to adopt us into His family, in Christ. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that His unity and love is the hope of every parent and child.
2. How have you lived either neglecting to take responsibility for anyone under your care, or dishonoring those over you? Confess your pride and selfishness to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to change your heart.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His loyalty to the Father to suffer the punishment we deserve for our lack of loyalty! Thank Him also for His work to fulfill the Father’s design so that we could be recovered to true goodness.
4. Who do you know that suffers from brokenness in their family, even if it’s largely at their own hands? Pray for them, asking the Lord to make His love and Grace known to them, to bring them hope and healing.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to work into you His fruit of love, peace and faithfulness. Pray for Him to grow in you Jesus’ character as a true son, so that in your family relationships you can better demonstrate His love.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.