Living Life Backwards
Passage: Ecclesiastes 1:1-11, Ecclesiastes 12:8, Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
Memory Verse for the Week: Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 (ESV)
The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil.
Intro: I believe that Ecclesiastes is very timely for us … (gatherer)
START AT THE END
How does Jesus lead us to live life backwards?
VANITY OF VANITIES
Why is the Preacher’s cry credible, that all is vanity?
GLORY & GRACE
Why can only Jesus give us true satisfaction?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD as the Judge of all – all things, all people, and all of our actions. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, for His sole authority, the Holy Sovereign over all.
2. How have you lived as if you are not accountable, as if you’ll never have to settle accounts with your Maker? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and bring you back to reality.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for how He is the opposite of all vanity, and for His work to save us from being lost. Thank Him for being solid (vs. vanity) and dispelling the obscurity of death and hell by His death and resurrection.
4. Who do you know that lives pretty much as if they are lost in the fog? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them, to penetrate their blindness and help them find their meaning in Christ.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to grow in you His humility and wisdom. Pray that He would help you shed the vanity of the things of this life that don’t matter and that you would grow in your pursuit of the LORD and His wisdom.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.