Apart From You There Is No Good
Passage: Psalm 16:1-11
Memory Verse for the Week: Psalm 16:5-6 (ESV)
The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.
Intro: When have you felt most needy? And why?
FROM DEEPEST NEEDS
What is it like to have a sense of need, and then see it met?
What is life like with an alternative origin or destiny?
TO GRACIOUS, ENDLESS TREASURE
But what if you were immeasurably rich?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD for His sheer necessity and for His richness. Praise and adore Him for being so kind as to show you just how much you need Him, and for being so lavish in meeting your needs!
2. How have you ignored God, and behaved as if you can functionally live without Him? Confess your presumption to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and convince you of His sufficiency.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for succeeding where Adam (and we have) failed. Thank Him for bearing our multiple sorrows, pouring out His own blood as an atoning sacrifice, and taking even our name upon His lips to save us.
4. Who do you know who lives (or attempts to live) apart from the Lord? Pray for them, asking Jesus to have mercy on them and to reveal to them just how greatly they need Him, and also how present and generous He is.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to persuade you that God does not just give you “your portion and cup” but that He is “your portion and cup.” Ask Him to enlarge your understanding of just how truly rich you are in Christ!
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.