The End of Time
Passage: Mark 13:1-27, Mark 13:32-37
Memory Verse for the Week: Mark 13:5-6, 13 (ESV)
And Jesus began to say to them, “See that no one leads you astray. Many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he!’ and they will lead many astray. … And you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.
Intro: What is your most anticipated reunion? (e.g. Dad’s Return)
THE GREAT UNCOVERING
Do you believe in a final, universal evaluation that no one will escape?
WARNINGS OF TRIBULATION
How can we respond to a warning with pride or unbelief?
THE GREAT COVERING
Nevertheless, how does Jesus offer hope to all who trust Him?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Praise the LORD that He is the only True Judge of all creation and that He is just when He judges. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, for warning us of inevitable judgment and that His saving grace will not fail.
2. How have you lived neglecting Jesus’ promises and warnings, especially regarding His return? Confess your pride and unbelief to Him, asking for His forgiveness and His transforming work in your heart to truly trust Him.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for covering us in our sin by His saving love and power. Thank Him for being our committed Bridegroom who earnestly yearns to be with us as His Bride.
4. Who do you know that struggles to endure in their faith? Pray for them, asking the Lord to strengthen them, and their churches, against unbelief and falling away from the gospel, and rather to grow them in their faith and love.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love, joy and patience, especially against the fleeting promises of temporary things and circumstances. Pray that He would comfort you with His abiding Presence.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.