The Scribes & A Widow
February 19, 2023 Speaker: Tim Rice Series: The Gospel of Mark
Passage: Mark 12:35-44
Memory Verse for the Week: Mark 12:34a (ESV)
And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.”
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline | Spotify Playlist | Song Lyrics | Live Stream | Sermon Audio
Intro: Jesus contrasts His critics and His subject…
AN UNLIKELY PAIRING
What if the greatest king in Israel’s history was subject to Jesus?
LIPSTICK ON A PIG
How can we compensate for insecurities by attention-seeking behaviors?
VS. THE REAL DEAL
Why is it so appealing to see catch someone in the act of doing good?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD for His integrity and generosity. Praise and adore Him that, in Christ, He embodies everything He calls us to be.
2. How have you resisted Jesus’ claims on your life (in attitudes, time, relationships, or possessions)? Confess your lack of integrity to Jesus asking Him to forgive you and change your heart to be genuinely whole.
3. Give thanks to Jesus, our Lord that He was willing to take on human nature, and suffer to save us. Thank Him for literally giving everything on the Cross that we might be filled with all His integrity and grace.
4. Who do you know that seeks attention rather than noticing others; who works for their own advancement without caring for anyone else? Ask the Lord to help them instead to use their influence to serve others.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you to spend time privately with the LORD in His Word and in prayer. Pray for the Spirit’s work to grow in you an ever-increasing sense of fullness because of His Presence in your heart.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in The Gospel of Mark
March 26, 2023Jesus’ Arrest & Trial
March 19, 2023Gethsemane
March 12, 2023The Lord's Supper