An Outrageous Instinct
January 19, 2023 Speaker: Tim Rice Series: The Gospel of Mark
Passage: Mark 10:32-45
Memory Verse for the Week: Mark 10:43-45 (ESV)
“But it shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline | Spotify Playlist | Song Lyrics | Live Stream | Sermon Audio
Intro: What is the most outlandish request you’ve ever heard of?
GENTILE LORDS, JAMES, JOHN, & US
How are we enslaved to self-serving motivations?
THE AMAZING RANSOM
What did Jesus do about it?
A RE-WIRED WAY OF LIVING
What is ahead for all of us?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD for His wisdom and mercy. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His willingness to bear the costs of our destructive ways in order to save us as His own people.
2. How have you lived as if you are blind to how broken you really are and ignorant of what is really on God’s heart? Confess your blindness to Jesus asking Him to open your eyes and heal you from your sin and ruin.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for humbling Himself to serve and save us from all of our guilt and ruin. Thank Him for suffering the punishment we deserve for our sin, and obeying the Father in the life we owe Him in His good design.
4. Who do you know that lives as if God has not conquered our greatest threats (living in fear or worry)? Pray for them asking the Lord Jesus to make His power and mercy known to them.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to work hope into your heart. Pray for His work of transformation, opening your eyes to His resurrection power and courage to humble yourself in a life of service.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in The Gospel of Mark
April 9, 2023Jesus’ Resurrection
April 2, 2023The Death of Jesus
March 26, 2023Jesus’ Arrest & Trial