The Call To Follow
Passage: Mark 10:17-31
Memory Verse for the Week: Mark 7:23, 27 (ESV)
And Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How difficult it will be for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!” … Jesus looked at them and said, “With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.”
THE CALL TO FOLLOW
THE CONSTRAINTS FROM FOLLOWING
FOLLOWING HE WHO GOES FIRST
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Faith is a miracle of God! Praise the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for their miraculous work to give you eyes to see and ears to hear. Worship them for their kindness to make themselves known to you and for giving you faith.
2. What is earthy that are you gripping as your source of goodness? Repent of your idols and how they have hindered the call of joy Jesus has for your life in following Him. Ask the Holy Spirit for help to mimic Jesus in holding nothing back.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for going first. No one has given up more than Jesus. No one has been humiliated lower. Give thanks that it was His great joy to do the work of His Father in going to earth to teach us to love and redeem us from sin so that we may be adopted as children of God forever.
4. Who do you know that is rejecting the invitation to go and follow Jesus? Pray for them and pray that the Spirit would crack open their heart to behold Jesus as the greatest good they could know and follow.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit for His wisdom and creativity to be someone who holds nothing back as you follow Jesus with your money, possessions, time, influence, and friendship. Pray for ideas on how to be a radical blessing to the people in your community.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.