The Humble King: Immanuel
Passage: Ezekiel 17:22-24, Matthew 13:31-32
Memory Verse for the Week: Matthew 13:31-32 (ESV)
He put another parable before them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed that a man took and sowed in his field. It is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is larger than all the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches.”
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD for all of His goodness and mercy on us, a proud people. Thank Father, Son and Holy Spirit for the way that He has incarnated with us and delivered us from separation from Him.
2. Confess your arrogance to Jesus for thinking you know better than Him, asking Him to forgive you and heal you from your pride.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His character and the beauty in what He values. He is a savior who loves, cherishes humility, and who provides dignity and grace to the lowly.
4. Who in your life has an “I got this” attitude”? Pray for them, that they would put their hope and dependency in Jesus; and that Holy Spirit would show you how you struggle with the same thing.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to imbed in your heart and the hearts of this city, a posture of humility. Ask for a humility that is sourced by the wonder and magnificence of who Jesus is and what He has accomplished for us.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.