The Humble Place: Bethlehem
Passage: Matthew 2:1-13
Memory Verse for the Week: Matthew 2:10-11a (ESV)
When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy. And going into the house, they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts.
Intro: Whatever we seek (or fail to seek) reveals much about us …
THE HUMBLE PLACE
What can we learn by the contrast of those who seek Jesus?
THE DEATH OF ARROGANCE
What is God’s guarantee vs. evil?
THE HUMBLE PATH
What should we expect following our leader?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD, God Almighty for His wisdom and goodness. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His plan to save us through such a stunning plan of suffering and yet victory over evil.
2. How have you sought to build your own kingdom and neglected Jesus, the true King? Confess to Jesus your rebellion, asking Him to forgive you and have mercy to change your heart to truly love Him.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work to save us, even as He was required to suffer. Thank Him for atoning for our guilt by His death, and being raised to conquer all evil, even death and hell.
4. Who do you know that is indifferent to Jesus and His kingdom? Pray for them asking the Lord to help them even as He sent something brilliant and stunning into view for the wise men.
5. Read again Isaiah 53:4-6, 12. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love and faithfulness. Pray that He would grow your confidence that He is not undone by suffering, but rather accomplished our redemption through it.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.