The Upside Down Life
November 13, 2022 Speaker: David Springer Series: The Gospel of Mark
Passage: Mark 9:30-37
Memory Verse for the Week: Mark 9:31 & 35 (ESV)
For he was teaching his disciples, saying to them, “The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill him. And when he is killed, after three days he will rise.” ... And he sat down and called the twelve. And he said to them, “If anyone would be first, he must be last of all and servant of all.”
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline | Spotify Playlist | Song Lyrics | Live Stream | Sermon Audio
THE DISCIPLES’ ASCENT
LIVING THE UPSIDE DOWN LIFE
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the Lord Jesus Christ. Praise Him for His humility, meekness and heart to serve.
2. In what ways are you tempted to compare and compete with others? Confess your pride, selfishness and desire to use Jesus to get what you want.
3. Give thanks to the Lord for His mercy and grace. Give thanks to Jesus for His perfect example of humility, service and sacrifice.
4. Who do you need to get behind and below? Who are the “little ones” that God has put in your path and how can you love and serve them?
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to change your heart. Ask Him to give you a vision for living a life where dying is the path to life.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in The Gospel of Mark
April 9, 2023Jesus’ Resurrection
April 2, 2023The Death of Jesus
March 26, 2023Jesus’ Arrest & Trial