The King's Glory Revealed
November 6, 2022 Speaker: Tim Rice Series: The Gospel of Mark
Passage: Mark 9:2-13
Memory Verse for the Week: Mark 9:2b,7, 12 (ESV)
And he (Jesus) was transfigured before them, … And a cloud overshadowed them, and a voice came out of the cloud, “This is my beloved Son; listen to him.” … And he said to them, “Elijah does come first to restore all things. And how is it written of the Son of Man that he should suffer many things and be treated with contempt?
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline | Spotify Playlist | Song Lyrics | Live Stream | Sermon Audio
Intro: When have you been drawn to power? Or repelled by it?
WHAT JUST HAPPENED??
What is the Bible’s view of glory?
OUR TRICKY RELATIONSHIP WITH GLORY
To fallen creatures like us, how is glory troubling?
LIVING WATER & THE FATHER’S VOICE
What is the interpretive key to Jesus’ glory?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD for His surpassing glory — His beauty, majesty and worth. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His sheer greatness in comparison to anyone else or anything else.
2. How have you lived blind and numb to God’s glory? Confess your pride and willfulness to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to give you eyes to see and ears to hear that you would respond to Him as you should.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His glory to die — for doing His greatest work by His greatest shame. Thank Him for atoning for your sin and for His glory in His resurrection, victorious over sin, Satan, death and hell!
4. Who do you know that is clueless to Jesus’ true worth? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them to grasp 1) their own need for God, and 2) Jesus’ surpassing worth in comparison to what they have been trusting.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you a true sense of God’s glory. Read Romans 6:4 and pray that “just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.”
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in The Gospel of Mark
March 26, 2023Jesus’ Arrest & Trial
March 19, 2023Gethsemane
March 12, 2023The Lord's Supper