Jesus Heals the Deaf & Mute
October 23, 2022 Speaker: Tim Rice Series: The Gospel of Mark
Passage: Mark 7:31-37
Memory Verse for the Week: Mark 7:37 (ESV)
And they were astonished beyond measure, saying, “He has done all things well. He even makes the deaf hear and the mute speak.”
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline | Spotify Playlist | Song Lyrics | Live Stream | Sermon Audio
Intro: When have you felt isolated? This is Gentile territory …
THE VALUE OF WORDS GIVEN & RECEIVED
Why do hearing and speech matter so much?
ISOLATED & SILENT
What happens by way of deafness and an inability to speak?
EARS TO HEAR & A HEART TO SPEAK
Why is it significant that Jesus works for our healing?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD, God Almighty for how He speaks and hears. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He has both made Himself known (by His Word) and hears you (by prayer).
2. How have you taken the gift of words for granted, especially hardened or deaf to all that God has said? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and give you ears (and a heart) to hear Him.
3. Give thanks to Jesus that to save us, as He took our place of guilt on the Cross, He was willing to cry out yet not be heard. Thank Him for being cast out in our place so that we could be brought into God’s family.
4. Who do you know that is isolated, especially by how they have chosen to live? Pray for them, asking the Lord to move toward them the way He moved toward the deaf man in this story.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you cherish every Word God has given you and express your heart freely to Him in prayer. Pray for the Spirit’s help in reading God’s Word every day, and praying eagerly all through the day.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in The Gospel of Mark
April 9, 2023Jesus’ Resurrection
April 2, 2023The Death of Jesus
March 26, 2023Jesus’ Arrest & Trial