Walking on Water
October 9, 2022 Speaker: Brown Peterson Series: The Gospel of Mark
Passage: Mark 6:45-52
Memory Verse for the Week: Mark 6:50-52 (ESV)
For they all saw him and were terrified. But immediately he spoke to them and said, “Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid.” And he got into the boat with them, and the wind ceased. And they were utterly astounded, for they did not understand about the loaves, but their hearts were hardened.
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline | Spotify Playlist | Song Lyrics | Live Stream | Sermon Audio
BEING SENT BY JESUS
WORKING WITHOUT JESUS
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, for His continual and everyday presence in your life. Give Him thanks for the gift of faith, that you know Him, and that He is intimately present with you.
2. Confess the ways you have lived in fear and unbelief, thinking He is far. Reflect on the ways you have lived apart from His design and His promise to be with you and how that has led to sin.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His patience toward you. Praise Him for His leadership in where He guides you, whether in a storm or on a mountain, and that you do not have to be afraid because He is there.
4. Pray for those in your life who do not have hope in the midst of trials and hardship, and bear the burden. Pray that they would cry out and find great hope and joy in Jesus because He is present and cares.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to shape your heart to be someone who is always fixated on the greatness of Jesus. That you would fill your mind with His goodness and promises, no matter where He has led you, so that you can be confident and have peace.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in The Gospel of Mark
March 26, 2023Jesus’ Arrest & Trial
March 19, 2023Gethsemane
March 12, 2023The Lord's Supper