The Miraculous Feeding
Passage: Mark 6:30-44
Memory Verse for the Week: Mark 6:34-37 (ESV)
When he went ashore he saw a great crowd, and he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. And he began to teach them many things. And when it grew late, his disciples came to him and said, “This is a desolate place, and the hour is now late. Send them away to go into the surrounding countryside and villages and buy themselves something to eat.” But he answered them, “You give them something to eat.” And they said to him, “Shall we go and buy two hundred denarii worth of bread and give it to them to eat?”
Intro: When was the last time you felt lost?
SHEEP WITHOUT A SHEPHERD
What is it like to be sheep without a shepherd?
THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD
Why does it matter that Jesus is our Good Shepherd?
FED BY THE BREAD OF LIFE
And what is it like to be fed by the Bread of Life?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD, who is our Shepherd. Praise Him, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, that He abides with His people; that He is with us, for our care, and as the Bread of Life, that He provides for us abundantly.
2. How have you lived as if God does not care for you? Confess your unbelief and murmuring as sin against God’s goodness, asking Jesus to forgive you and change your heart to joy and gratitude.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work to lead, feed, and defend us as our Good Shepherd. Thank Him that as our Shepherd, He was willing to lay down His life for His sheep and take His life back up again (in resurrection).
4. Who do you know that is harassed and helpless like a sheep without a shepherd? Pray for them, asking the Lord to have compassion on them, and that He would use you (as He fed the crowds through His disciples) to care for them.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit for insight into what it means to feed upon what Jesus provides. Ask Him to teach you what it means to have Jesus’ power working on your behalf in such a way that meager human limits and resources are no obstacle for Him.
The Facilitatoris a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.