The Bridegroom & Lord
August 28, 2022 Speaker: Tim Rice Series: The Gospel of Mark
Passage: Mark 2:18-28, Mark 3:1-6
Memory Verse for the Week: Mark 2:27-28 (ESV)
And he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is lord even of the Sabbath.”
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline | Spotify Playlist | Song Lyrics | Live Stream | Sermon Audio
Intro: Who is the most joyful person you know?
THE GOSPEL vs. RELIGION DIFFERENTIAL
How is the Gospel diametrically opposed to religion?
THE LORD WHO SAVES
Why is Jesus different from every other leader?
A LIFE OF REST & JOYFUL PURPOSE
What does joy mean to you? And rest? And how does that fuel your sense of purpose?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD, our Maker who is our Husband. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that He is a committed, tender Bridegroom, loving toward us when He does not need us.
2. How have you lived believing that you have to earn God’s acceptance or even believing that can do it? Confess your pride and arrogance to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you for doubting Him and His work to save sinners.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His commitment to you (like a Bridegroom), His work for you (to give you true rest), and His power (to make you whole). Thank Him for His saving Grace that frees you up now to just pursue Him and others in love.
4. Who do you know that is trapped in the joyless misery of religion? Pray for them, asking the Lord to have mercy on them as He has on you, that they would see their need for Him and see His mercy to all who trust Him.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love and faithfulness. Pray for such joy at being redeemed and wed to Jesus, that you would overflow in eager obedience and energized purpose for your Bridegroom.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in The Gospel of Mark
March 26, 2023Jesus’ Arrest & Trial
March 19, 2023Gethsemane
March 12, 2023The Lord's Supper