Healing the Paralytic
August 21, 2022 Speaker: Tim Rice Series: The Gospel of Mark
Passage: Mark 2:1-12
Memory Verse for the Week: Mark 2:8b-11 (ESV)
“Why do you question these things in your hearts? Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Rise, take up your bed and walk’? But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins”—he said to the paralytic—“I say to you, rise, pick up your bed, and go home.”
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline | Spotify Playlist | Song Lyrics | Live Stream | Sermon Audio
Intro: What roadblock have you had that seems to be immovable?
WHAT IS PARALYSIS?
How does the problem of sin go beyond guilt?
THE MERCIFUL SAVIOR
What is revealed about Jesus? Signs are not random dazzling acts but purposeful displays to demonstrate God’s Promises.
THE FORK IN THE ROAD
What does Jesus want from us?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD our Healer for His mercy and goodness to broken people like us. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that He works by His power, not to destroy us as He justly could, but to redeem us.
2. How have you lived either denying your brokenness or Jesus’ power to make you whole? Confess your pride and unbelief to Him, asking Jesus to both forgive you and heal you — just like this paralytic.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His goodness to exercise His authority and power to redeem sinners like us. Thank Him for bearing what it cost to atone for all our sins (by His death) and to make us whole (His obedient life).
4. Who do you know that lives as if Jesus can’t be trusted? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them to see their own spiritual paralysis — and that Jesus can be trusted to heal and forgive them.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love, joy and faith. Pray that the Spirit would work in you to only trust Jesus’ power and authority more and more as He works to forgive and heal even you.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in The Gospel of Mark
April 9, 2023Jesus’ Resurrection
April 2, 2023The Death of Jesus
March 26, 2023Jesus’ Arrest & Trial