Passage: Matthew 28:18-20, Galatians 4:4-7, Ephesians 1:16-17
Memory Verse for the Week: Matthew 28:18-20 (ESV)
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Intro: Why does it matter that God has told us how He is?
WHY THE TRINITY MATTERS.
God is eternally a loving, generous, unified plurality.
HOW IS THIS UNEXPECTED?
What is something about you no one could know unless you told them?
WHY IS THIS AMAZING?
How is the Trinity entirely unified in our redemption?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD for the splendor of His holiness. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for being Three in One, perfect in love and beauty.
2. How have you lived as if what God has said about Himself is either irrelevant to you or untrue even? Confess your pride and arrogance to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and open your eyes to truly know God as He is.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work to accomplish what the Father purposed for our salvation. Thank Him for being cast out on our behalf so that we could be welcomed into His communion with the Father.
4. Who do you know that is puzzled by what God has revealed about Himself? Pray for them, asking the Lord to open their eyes spiritually so that they would see both their sin and the Lord in His saving Grace.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love and faithfulness. Pray that He would freely apply to you all that Jesus accomplished by His death and resurrection power.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.