The Trustworthiness of Scripture
Passage: Matthew 5:17-18, Matthew 24:35
Memory Verse for the Week: Matthew 24:35 (ESV)
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.
Intro: Why does almost everyone crave assurances?
THE GREATEST ASSURANCE
Why does it matter that God gives us His word and that it is sure?
VS. SHAKY GROUND
How we love to get assurance but hate having to give them?
A BETTER WORD
How has Jesus worked to anchor us, even making eternal assurances to His own hurt?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD, God Almighty for the gift of His Word. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that He is not only gracious but that He guarantees that Grace to all of His people throughout the ages by His Word.
2. How have you lived ignoring what God has said or as if what He has said cannot be trusted? Confess your prideful rebellion to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you for defying His commands and promises.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for being God’s very Word, to fulfill everything the Father has promised, and for remaining faithful beyond space and time! Thank Him for keeping God’s Covenant to save us, even to His own hurt.
4. Who do you know that doubts what God has said, while insisting that they be taken seriously for all that they say? Pray for them, asking the Lord to open their eyes and move them to repentance and to trust Jesus.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love and joy. Pray that He would grow within you a hunger to know God’s Word, and a gratitude for the privilege of even having your own copy while millions of people don’t.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.