Christ the Cornerstone
Passage: Ephesians 2:19-22
Memory Verse for the Week: Ephesians 2:20b & 22 (ESV)
Christ Jesus himself being the chief cornerstone … In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His ways and work. Reflect and praise His design and love for reaching the world through the church. Be thankful that He has taken you from a stranger to a child, built you His foundation, and has made you a piece of His glorious Temple that is being built where His Spirit will dwell.
2. How are you still attached and identifying as a citizen of this world? How are you living in such a way that you ignore the reality that you have the Spirit in you and that you are a block in this new building? Repent of your low earthly gaze and lack of enjoyment of being one piece in His church.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work to be the cornerstone for the building you are a part of. Thank Him that His works, words, and character are the direction for all other blocks being added. Praise Him for why you love being a citizen, with Him being your King. Who do you know that is looking everywhere to belong?
4. Who do you know that is desperately searching for a home where they will be loved and treasured? Pray that they hear the gospel of God’s love toward them and that they would want to be a part of a church. Ask the Holy Spirit to be loud in our lives.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to make His presence known in every moment of every day and that we would enjoy His direction, work, conviction, encouragement as He continues to shape us and build us into a glorious Church.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.