Life in a Spiritual War Zone
Passage: 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
Memory Verse for the Week: 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 (ESV)
For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ.
Intro: How aware are you about what the Bible calls spiritual?
A CONTEXT OF COMBAT.
Why does it matter that the realm in which we live is fallen?
THE DEFINITIVE VICTORY.
Why does it matter that Jesus has intervened?
WHAT IS OUR ROLE NOW?
Now, in Christ, how are we engaged in the fight?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD, God Almighty, for His sovereign power over all creatures, even rebellious forces of spiritual darkness. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He infinitely surpasses all creatures and is in no way threatened or worried.
2. How have you lived rebelliously against your Maker and participated in the schemes of the evil one? Confess your folly and rebellion to Jesus, asking Him to pardon you and change your heart to be truly loyal.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for the wonders of His saving love. Thank Him for bearing our punishment to free us from condemnation, and for breaking the stranglehold Satan had upon us so that we can be restored to the Father.
4. Who do you know that lives dominated by darkness? Pray for them, asking the Lord to have mercy upon them and free them by His redeeming love.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love and goodness. Pray for His transforming work to root out of you selfish pride and hatred and to grow you instead to be more and more in the likeness of Jesus.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.