The Only Freedom, Indeed!
Passage: John 8:31-38
Memory Verse for the Week: John 8:36 (ESV)
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
Intro: What comes to your mind when you hear the word freedom?
LONGING FOR FREEDOM
What were we made for?
What is our response to Jesus’ gracious offer?
THE CERTAINTY OF OUR RESCUE
What has Jesus done with our enslavement?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His infinite mercy in liberating us out of bondage. Praise Him, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit that we are no longer slaves, but heirs in His Kingdom.
2. Have you ever lived in arrogance towards God’s invitation? Confess your pride to Jesus and admit that you are in dire need of help.
3. Give thanks to Jesus that He is our only rescue, and that His proclamation over us as “Free indeed” is complete.
4. Pray for someone that you know whose life seems to be so much intact, that they don’t feel their desperate need for a Savior. Pray that Holy Spirit would convict their hearts of their evil, allowing them to run to the breaker of chains.
5. Ask the Spirit to bear in you His fruit of freedom and joy. Pray that His work to bring us out of captivity would be so prevalent in our being that we would live loving God and loving our neighbor
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.