The Virgin Shall Give Birth
Passage: Isaiah 7:2-4, Isaiah 7:9b-14
Memory Verse for the Week: Isaiah 7:14 (ESV)
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Intro: Why does Jesus born of a virgin get you a security you can’t lose?
Why is the LORD trustworthy, even in threatening times?
WALKING BY SIGHT AND NOT BY FAITH
What is tragic and foolish about unbelief?
AN UNLIKELY SIGN
How is the virgin birth an unlikely sign for an unlikely deliverance?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship God for His wisdom and faithfulness. Praise and adore Him for His amazing ways (that are not our ways) and thoughts (which are not our thoughts), especially to love us through our folly and faithlessness.
2. How have you lived in unbelief (like Ahaz) trusting people, resources, or your own cleverness instead of trusting in the LORD? Confess your pride and fear to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and heal your heart.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for his willingness to trust His Father, and give up His throne in heaven; that He actually did perish and die, but what we seek (real security) only Jesus gained – a security that believers now can never lose.
4. Who do you know that is afraid to trust God? Pray for them asking God to show them mercy and persuade them of His trustworthiness.
5. Ask for growth in wisdom and insight into God’s ways, especially His steady pattern of working through lowliness, weakness, sorrow, and even death. Pray for wisdom and ask God to deepen your confidence in Him!
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.