People of Joy & Renewal
Passage: Isaiah 61:1-7, Isaiah 61:10-11
Memory Verse for the Week: Isaiah 61:1-2 (ESV)
The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn.
Intro: How joyful are you, especially in the midst of hardship?
UNIVERSAL HOPES & SORROWS
Why do we all share dreams and disappointments?
How has God worked to save even people like us?
What changes in the thinking and living of the redeemed?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His kindness and mercy to soothe and heal us even when we often cause our own grief. Praise Him, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, that He gives comfort to His people when we mourn.
2. How have you been burned to pieces (literally in “ashes”) by your sin? Confess your rebellion and folly to Jesus, asking Him to cleanse you and heal you from the bitterness of your sin.
3. Give thanks to Jesus that He was burned in hell in your place, and that raised in glory He can replace your ashes with beauty. Thank Him for the sheer power of His love and beauty against the ugliness of your sin.
4. Who do you know that has believed (wrongly) that they are unreachable? Ask the Lord to win them with His love and even cause them to become our co-workers in His kingdom.
5. Ask the Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love, joy and goodness. Pray for such an outpouring of His Spirit upon our city that believers would be revived and unbelievers would come to trust Jesus.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.