There Is No Other
Passage: Isaiah 44:6-9, Isaiah 45:17-23
Memory Verse for the Week: Isaiah 44:6 & 9 (ESV)
Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god. … All who fashion idols are nothing, and the things they delight in do not profit. Their witnesses neither see nor know,
that they may be put to shame.
Intro: How comfortable are you with exclusive claims (or not)?
THERE IS NO OTHER
Why does it matter if God has exclusive authority?
AND WE ASK, “REALLY??”
What does it say when we question or doubt the LORD?
BUT JESUS STILL SAVES
What is so unique about the claims of Jesus?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His exclusive authority as our source, ruler and healer. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He is the Only Creator, King and Savior.
2. How have you lived questioning whether what God has said or done is enough instead of trusting Him? Confess to Jesus the foolishness and offensiveness of your search for “another,” asking Him to forgive you and heal you.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for not just doing what no one else can do (forgiving and healing us) but for His willingness to do what no one else could even consider – suffering agony to save His enemies! Thank Him for the wonder of His saving love.
4. Who do you know that is gripped by the fear of missing out (FOMO)? Pray for them, asking the Lord to make Himself known to them, and to open their eyes to the beauty of His love and grace.
5. Ask the Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love and peace. Pray for such a profound sense of satisfaction in His sufficiency and love that you would grow to be genuinely and deeply content – and therefore grateful in Christ.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.