The Coming of the King
Passage: Isaiah 40:1-11
Memory Verse for the Week: Isaiah 40:9-11 (ESV)
Go on up to a high mountain, O Zion, herald of good news; lift up your voice with strength, O Jerusalem, herald of good news; lift it up, fear not; say to the cities of Judah, “Behold your God!” Behold, the Lord GOD comes with might, and his arm rules for him; behold, his reward is with him, and his recompense before him. He will tend his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms; he will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young.
Intro: What if God called you to comfort the disturbed? And disturb the comfortable?
THE LORD PROMISES COMFORT
Why do we need comfort from God?
AND TO SHOW UP PERSONALLY
Why is it significant that the King is making a personal visit?
BUT NOT QUITE YET
How well do you handle a long assignment? In a place, as yet unchanged, the voice of God’s messenger calls out to prepare – “Get ready!”
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Praise the LORD for His status and power as the Only True King. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His authority to re-order and command what we think and how we live.
2. How have you lived as if God does not really deserve your allegiance? Confess your unbelief and pride to Jesus and ask Him to cleanse and correct you, trusting that He died for this sin as much as He died for any of your sin.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for how He brings an enduring comfort that none of us deserve and also that no one can undo. Thank Him for undoing our core problems of guilt and ruin by His death and His life for us!
4. Who do you know that is weary and burdened? Pray for them asking the LORD to comfort them by the gospel and give them hope by His Word.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to teach you what it means to live a life of preparing (repenting & believing Jesus). Ask the Father to pour out His Spirit upon our city to move our city to renewal and repentance.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.