Beholding the King
Passage: Isaiah 30:15-18, Isaiah 33:17-24
Memory Verse for the Week: Isaiah 33:22-24 (ESV)
For the LORD is our judge; the LORD is our lawgiver; the LORD is our king; he will save us. Your cords hang loose; they cannot hold the mast firm in its place or keep the sail spread out. Then prey and spoil in abundance will be divided; even the lame will take the prey. And no inhabitant will say, “I am sick”; the people who dwell there will be forgiven their iniquity.
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His waiting and patience. Praise Him, that He exalts Himself to show you mercy and grace upon grace. Honor and list the ways He has been patient with you throughout your life.
2. Confess your resistance to the goodness of God. Repent for your stubbornness, foolishness, self-will to your own wants and your own ways and how that has led to death.
3. Give thanks for the work of Jesus. In His patience and grace, He died for us, His enemies, so that one day we would look and behold Him as our sovereign and reigning King. Thank Him that only through union with Him are we brought to peace and joy.
4. Who do you know that is resisting God as their Judge, Lawgiver, King and Savior? Pray for them and that God would continue to destroy their idols so that they would one day have eyes of faith.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to work in your heart to build in joyful submission. Beg Him to bring you to the conclusion that you need Him in all areas of your life all of the time.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.