Compassion To The Marginalized
Passage: Luke 14:12-14
Memory Verse for the Week: Luke 14:13-14 (ESV)
“But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.”
THE AIM OF OUR COMPASSION
THE WORK OF OUR COMPASSION
THE REWARD FOR OUR COMPASSION
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship and be in awe of the compassion of the Lord. Reflect on His goodness, mercy, and compassion in His work of loving the poor, marginalized, and outcast.
2. How have you lived contrary to loving the marginalized? Confess the ways you serve and love those who are easy to love. How do you love those around you transactionally, rather than seeking to serve and love others, expecting nothing in return?
3. Who are you neglecting to show compassion to? Who has the Lord put on your heart to go and love?
4. Give thanks to Jesus, the richest person in the world, who left those riches to save the poor, helpless, and harassed. Thank Him for lavishing His riches upon you, to make you an adopted child of God and an heir to God for eternity.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to grow your heart in loving those who cannot repay you? Where is the Spirit leading you to spoil, lavish, and love the marginalized?
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.