Passage: Exodus 20:8-11
Memory Verse for the Week: Exodus 20:8-10a (ESV)
“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work.”
GOD’S GOOD RHYTHM
OUR RESISTANCE TO REST
CALLED TO REPENTANCE & FAITH
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the Father for His good design! Celebrate His work and His invitation to rest with Him!
2. Do you delight in spending time with the Lord? What are the reasons for your restlessness?
Confess your pride and unbelief to Him.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His example of work, rest and worship. Thank God for the eternal rest that awaits us in heaven!
4. Who do you know that resists God’s invitation to rest and instead is prone to laziness or exhaustion? Pray for them, and ask that the Lord and His commandments would become a delight to them.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit for the desire to rest in the Lord. Pray for wisdom regarding how to remember the Sabbath, how to keep it holy and how to establish healthy rhythms of spiritual rest.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.