Passage: Matthew 11:28-30, Matthew 12:1-8
Memory Verse for the Week: Matthew 12:8 (ESV)
“For the Son of Man is lord of the Sabbath.”
Intro: How would you rate your relationship with rest? Or Sabbath?
WHY ARE WE RESTLESS?
Why is rest a struggle?
Why can Jesus secure us like no one else?
WHY REST AT ALL?
Why is it significant that God built rest into our design from creation?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for how He is worthy of our worship every minute of every day. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for how His grace brings us true and enduring rest, and that we mark this 1 day in 7.
2. How have you lived as if something other than Jesus marks your time and purpose? Confess your pride and foolishness to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to help you submit to His design and wisdom.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for how He has worked to bring us real rest and renewal. Thank Him for His good design wherein we live in a fruitful cycle of work, rest, and worship.
4. Who do you know that is a workaholic or rebels at the thought of being told how to spend their time? Pray for them, asking the Lord to have mercy upon them, and to open their eyes to His rule as Lord of the Sabbath.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom as to how to honor the Sabbath. Pray for a soft heart to turn away from self-will, and for insight into what God’s Word teaches us about the value of work, rest, and worship.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.