Passage: Hebrews 11:30, Joshua 5:13-15, Joshua 6:1-5, Joshua 5:15-21
Memory Verse for the Week: Hebrews 11:30 (ESV)
By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they had been encircled for seven days.
Intro: How have you longed for just judgment?
BOW TO GOD’S SOVEREIGNTY
Why is it significant that the LORD is not under anyone’s command?
What is God’s motive in this holy war?
MERCY IN THE MIDST OF JUDGEMENT
What do we learn from God’s judgment and His mercy?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD, the Sovereign King of all reality. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He is not allied with any man; rather He is worthy and calls for all people everywhere to rally to Him.
2. How have you lived more shaped in your beliefs by self-centeredness and myths than by truth and God’s rule? Confess your pride and autonomy to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to heal your thinking.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His humble goodness even as He possesses all authority in heaven and on earth (see Matthew 28). Thank Him for silently bearing your guilt on the Cross while guaranteeing His victory over evil by His resurrection.
4. Who do you know that is threatened by God’s judgment? Pray for them, asking the Lord to make known to them His love and worth, and that they would turn from their pride to rally to Jesus.
5. Read 2 Corinthians 5:17-21. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love and courage to be a faithful ambassador for Jesus. Pray for grace to represent His mercy well while you wait for His just judgment.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.