Passage: Hebrews 11:29, Exodus 14:5-6, Exodus 14:10, Exodus 14:13-31
Memory Verse for the Week: Hebrews 11:29 (ESV)
By faith the people crossed the Red Sea as on dry land, but the Egyptians, when they attempted to do the same, were drowned.
Intro: What have you seen people do when they’re under pressure?
PRIDE, UNBELIEF & BLINDNESS
What were the Israelites facing? And how did they feel?
GOD’S WORK TO SAVE
What is at the center of our hope?
FAITH & UNLIKELY OBEDIENCE
Why do we need to be still? And what does God have to persuade us to believe?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His grace to save us as His people! Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that He is loving, wise and all-powerful in His work on our behalf.
2. How have you lived self-reliant, as if God cannot be trusted? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and secure you in His power to save vs. your impotence before your guilt and deadness.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His unrivaled work to come to our rescue, standing between us and what would destroy us. Thank Him that in His holiness, that He would fight for us by His love, wisdom and power.
4. Who do you know that questions Jesus’ relevance? Pray for them, asking the Lord to convince them of just how overwhelmed they should be because of their guilt and spiritual deadness.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you to quit seeking to define yourself by your own efforts, and to trust Jesus’ work on your behalf. Pray that the Spirit would bear in your heart His fruit of love, joy and peace.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.