Passage: Hebrews 11:23-27, Exodus 2:23
Memory Verse for the Week: Hebrews 11:26 (ESV)
He considered the reproach of Christ greater wealth than the treasures of Egypt, for he was looking to the reward.
Intro: How have you faced pressures against following Jesus?
How can pressures from this world be oppressive (if not enslaving)?
What guarantees have we been given by the Eternal King?
How is faith both a turn and a trust?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His Holiness, especially in comparison to any created thing, person or experience. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His surpassing worth.
2. How have you lived as if the treasures (or pleasures) of this world are better than Jesus? Confess your unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you for rejecting Him, and that He would renew your heart to see Him in light of His true worth.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for how He is powerful to save us (vs. our impotence or the inadequacy of created things to last or satisfy). Thank Him for His compassion to us in our bondage to sin, death and hell.
4. Who do you know that is entranced by the things of this world (and therefore blind to Jesus)? Pray for them, asking the Lord to open their eyes to the vanity of all created things vs. Jesus’ enduring worth and glory.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love and peace, especially in the face of opposition from this world. Pray for His strength and power to sustain you as you seek to live faithfully for Jesus.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.