Memory Verse for the Week: Hebrews 7:25 (ESV)
Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.
Intro: Jesus’ resurrection is not just a fact; it’s a revolution …
THE ULTIMATE PRIZE
What is your highest aspiration?
WHAT’S THE PROBLEM?
Your access is as good as your mediator.
JESUS’ UNIQUE CONTRIBUTION
Why do we believe Jesus is better?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His holiness and grace. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He is utterly pure and authoritative, and also that He is gracious and merciful to provide a way for sinners like us to be redeemed.
2. How have you tried to live a lie, as if you can avoid your guilt and attain lasting joy without Jesus? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to save you to the uttermost (Hebrews 7:25).
3. Give thanks to Jesus for being your Mediator, to represent you before the Father and represent the Father to you. Thank Him for all that He has done to conquer sin (by His death) and death (by His resurrection).
4. Who do you know that lives naively chasing joy while being helpless before the power of death? Pray for them, asking the Lord to open their eyes to their true peril and the hope that Jesus offers to us.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love and joy. Pray that He would work the hope of Jesus’ resurrection power into your heart and that He would flush out of you any instincts of selfishness and fear.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.