Passage: Hebrews 11:21, Genesis 48:8-22
Memory Verse for the Week: Hebrews 11:21 (ESV)
By faith Jacob, when dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph, bowing in worship over the head of his staff.
THE GOD OF THE BLESSING
MY SHEPHERD IN THE BLESSING
THE NEXT GENERATION OF THE BLESSING
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His kindness and His sovereignty. Praise Father, Son, and Holy Spirit that He orchestrates all details of our life to bring about His perfect plan and our worship to Him.
2. Confess ways your heart has become hard toward God and others. Reflect on areas of your life where arrogance and pride drive you, rather than humility.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work to secure our adoption. Praise Him that He was perfect in His obedience to the Father because we are not able, and that He paid for our sins and gives us His righteousness, so that we could become the children of God.
4. Who do you know that has a heart that is hard toward the gospel? Pray for them, that they would see all of life as an opportunity to be brought low, to cry out to God, and would know their need for a Savior.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you be a more thoughtful and reflective person. That you would see thankfulness grow in you toward God and what He has done, is doing, and will do in your life.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.