Passage: Hebrews 11:20, Genesis 25:29-34, Genesis 27:1-7, Genesis 27:15-38, Genesis 27:41
Memory Verse for the Week: Hebrews 11:20 (ESV)
By faith Isaac invoked future blessings on Jacob and Esau.
Intro: Where have you craved not just approval but someone’s blessing?
PROFILES IN DYSFUNCTION & MANIPULATION
How do the character flaws and sins of each character in this story help us understand God’s grace?
THE BEAUTY OF CHRIST OUR REDEEMER
By contrast, how did Jesus work to heal and forgive this mess?
HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?
How does belonging to the LORD change the way we live and view the future?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His goodness and love. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His graciousness, especially in His resolve to work for our blessing even when we are so self-serving and wicked.
2. How have you sought to secure yourself instead of owning your own guilt and trusting Jesus to redeem you? Confess your pride and folly to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and make you whole – to bless you.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for the miracle of His work to save us from our sin. Thank Him for His obedience – for submitting joyfully (where we grumble), for giving (where we’re selfish) and for shouldering the weight of our needs (where we do not want to be encumbered by anyone).
4. Who do you know that is desperate to be secured? Pray for them asking the Lord to make His Grace known to them so that they could find the blessing they’ve always been searching for.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to secure you in His work of sealing you in Christ. Pray for insight into what it means to be so clothed in Christ’s righteousness and to be so well supplied for all the work He’s given you.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.