Passage: Hebrews 11:17-19, Genesis 22:1-14
Memory Verse for the Week: Hebrews 11:17-19 (ESV)
By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises was in the act of offering up his only son, of whom it was said, “Through Isaac shall your offspring be named.” He considered that God was able even to raise him from the dead, from which, figuratively speaking, he did receive him back.
GOD’S RIGHTEOUS TEST
ABRAHAM’S RUTHLESS TRUST
JESUS’ RADICAL SACRIFICE
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
- Worship the Father for His great love for us! Worship the Son because He willingly laid His life down for us. Worship the Spirit for His resurrection power!
- Are you regularly in awe of God (His character and His works) and have you gone all in with Him?
- What are the things that you’re tempted to withhold from Him? Confess your independence and resistance to His lordship. Surrender those things to Him!
- Give thanks for Jesus’ obedience to the Father. Celebrate His radical sacrifice for your sin!
- Who around you is placing their faith in things other than Christ? Pray for them, asking the Lord to reveal their dependence on creation rather than the Creator. Ask the Lord to grant them faith to see and savor Jesus.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.