Passage: Hebrews 11:11-12, Genesis 17:1, Genesis 17:4-5, Genesis 17:15-21
Memory Verse for the Week: Hebrews 11:11-12 (ESV)
By faith Sarah herself received power to conceive, even when she was past the age, since she considered him faithful who had promised. Therefore from one man, and him as good as dead, were born descendants as many as the stars of heaven and as many as the innumerable grains of sand by the seashore.
Intro: When did you last laugh at someone’s claims?
GOD’S ASTOUNDING PROMISES
How do we see God’s holiness in His promises?
LAUGHING OUT LOUD
What does the LORD call us to?
GRACE VS. WORKS
How does God get in the last laugh?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD, God Almighty, for His all-surpassing power and goodness. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for how amazing He is to promise us such great things by His grace.
2. How have you lived cynically toward God and His promises or commands? Confess your pride and foolishness to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to renew your mind to see how ultimately real He is.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work and covenant to do the most amazing work ever – to cleanse our sin and conquer death and hell to save us. Thank Him for doing the impossible to save people who were wrong.
4. Who do you know that is cynical? Pray for them, asking the Lord to open their eyes to see their need for God and His grace to save anyone who repents and trusts Jesus.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of patience and faithfulness. Pray for His work to help grow in you steadfastness while you wait for God’s promises to be fulfilled in His timing and in His ways.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.