The Confrontation of Christmas
Passage: Matthew 1:18-25
Memory Verse for the Week: Matthew 1:20 & 24-25 (ESV)
But as he considered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit." … When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife, but knew her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship Jesus Christ, the one whose name is above every other name! He is Immanuel, God with us. And He is the Savior of the world!
2. Who sits on the throne of your life? Is your life marked by an allegiance to His rule and reign?
3. Consider the places where you have acted independently from God. Contemplate the distress this has caused you and others. Confess your pride and independence before the Lord.
4. Give thanks to the Lord for His loving confrontation in your life. Thank Jesus for his mercy in taking you off the throne and giving you His Spirit to dwell with you.
5. Who in your life could benefit from spiritual intervention? Pray for them, asking the Lord to move toward them. In what tangible way(s) can you invite them to consider Jesus?
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.